|The Maine Basketball Commission was founded in 1955. It is sponsored by the Maine Principals Association (MPA). The primary function of the Commission is to coordinate and communicate with Maine’s IAABO leaders and officials; provide for communication with MPA schools, athletic administrators, coaches; to conduct a required attendance pre-season rules clinic & points of concern/emphasis for officials and coaches; to oversee the selection, assignment and supervision of MPA State Basketball Tournament officials and officiating. The Maine Basketball Commission is represented by the Maine Basketball Commissioner.
The Maine Basketball Commission conducts two (2) meetings (April & October) annually.
The Commission membership consists of representatives from the following organizations
- Maine’s International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) - 5 Representatives
- Maine Principals’ Association (MPA) – 3 Representatives
- Maine State Superintendents Association (MSSA) – 2 Representatives
- Maine Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (MIAAA) - 1 Representative
- Maine Association of Basketball Coaches (MABC) - 2 Representatives
Maine Basketball Commissioner
Peter A. Webb
P.O, Box 74
Stetson, Maine 04488
(207) 296-2472 (desk)
(207) 852-6375 (cell)
Western Maine IAABO Board #21 Representative